Sunday, August 6, 2017

Selling off most of my PUL! Will ship internationally.

MAJOR PUL Destash Time!!!

If I were to package up a bunch of DC (diaper cuts) grab-bags, would there be much interest? I would sort them into G/B/GN (girl/boy/gender neutral) and into solids and prints, and probably have 10 DCs (either 20"x20" or 20"x18" or a mix depending on my remnant widths) per "pack" and I could throw multiple packs into shipping packaging to save the most on shipping.

I will take a few general "what you might expect" photos, but they'd be generally blind grab bags. I have tried doing 1:1 fabric sales before with yardage and larger cuts by request etc. I just don't want to spend that kind of time or do that much individual communication. I'd love to just pre-cut what I have left, sort, bag up small grab-bags, and throw whatever is purchased into shipping boxes and polymailers depending on the quantity purchased.

I know that things like that used to sell well on eBay, but it seems like people don't use eBay much anymore for expanding their PUL collections. I'm honestly not sure where the best places to destash would even be these days. Any suggestions are welcome!

I am in the Seattle area, but I am more than happy to ship. I will be selling the stuff off for cheap, so shipping costs should still be worthwhile. I also have a LOT of older and harder to find PUL prints... in addition to some of the more common stuff and solids.
I just don't get invited to many baby showers these days, and most of my own family are done having babies. So, I really only need to keep a little bit here for the occasional gifts or wet-bags for other uses etc. :)

Please comment with any advice or suggestions!

30 comments:

  1. Would love if you did this kinda of PUL diaper cut destash sale! i am just starting to learn about cloth diapering and look forward to collecting lots of PULs for projects. i live in Illinois so this would have to be shipped to me. (I am originally from Portland, btw, so seeing you are Seattle is like old-home week for me!) best wishes, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be very interested! I use mostly solids, Or, if you had any AWJ, suedecloth, or velour I would be interested in that as well. And snaps! I can pay this Saturday. I will check back to see if you decide to move forward with a sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! It couldn't be that soon. I was just trying to plan out HOW I'll do it. My kids go back to school after Labor Day, so I was thinking that I would sort, cut, package, and list once they're back in school. So, next month. We have guests right now anyway, and my sewing+fabric room it also my guest room.

      Delete
    2. I need to figure out how to get notifications when you comment or reply...just now seeing this. Lol!
      I'm still interested whenever you get it worked out. 😁

      Delete
  3. I'm interested! Facebook groups would be the perfect place to do this. There's one called "cloth diaper sewing" and the members link your blog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested...sewing diapers for those in need since I do not have grandkids. The more I can save, the better. I am south of Portland, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested! Need to make some mama cloth pads for a chronic health condition I have and wetbag and even though I love fun prints I can be less picky if needed❤️ as cheaper is better for me! Email enaigia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes yes! I'lm definitely interested!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested!! Please let me know the details when you have it figured out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am interested! Not sure the best system to use that would be the least hassle on your end though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interested! Just getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, forgot my email. lwbeofagoodcourage@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested if you still have any pul leftover to sell. I'll be primarily making preemie, nm and small sizes so I don't need large cuts. Just enough to fit the pattern onto and maybe do pieced wings if necessary. Color would be girl or gender neutral (if available, otherwise I'll just take whatever you send) My birth mom lives near Seattle, so maybe a local pickup could be arranged? If not, shipping is fine as well. My email is melissa25125@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you still have any? im in seattle area as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have most of it. I haven't been able to get it all fully organized yet. Still getting into the flow of the new school year. However, if you're local, you can probably come by any time and take a look at what I have (before I inventory and list most of it.)

      Delete
    2. fantastic! do you have an idea of cost?

      Delete
  13. Super interested, i'm up in Lake Stevens but would love to check out what you have if you're still trying to destash stuff :) my mom made a few diapers for me before my daughter was born (she's 8 months now) and i'd love to work on some more with her but we don't have any supplies and i just stumbled on this blog and love the tutorials and ideas for using tshirts as fitteds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know how much to ship to Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm interested too since you're still pulling it all together. Will you have pics of the ones put together or is it a blind bag purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be interested depending on price if you still have some available?

    ReplyDelete